OKC TELLERS E-NEWS
Greeting Friends and Supporters of Storytelling :A BIG THANKS to all those who attended, volunteered or donated to the OKC Tellabration event! We had bad weather but high spirits as we gathered over nearly fifty strong to hear delightful stories. About $400 was raised to help with the historic preservation of the lovely sanctuary.
The pre-concert tour was crowded as well as people learned the history of the site and viewed the lovely styles in stone, wood and textiles.
Some workshops are being planned for 2014 and we have some great festivals in the new year to look forward to as well.
Schedule for this SPRING 2014 -
Schedule for this SPRING 2014 -
- Jan. 6, at 7 P.M. join us for the first meeting of the year! We will share stories and learn about participation stories.
- Jan. 25 - Members of Territory Tellers (the state group) will be in a retreat at Roman Nose. Learn more at www.territorytellers.org
- Feb. 3, 7 p.m. join us for a meeting; share stories and learn about using props.
- Feb. 8 (Sat.) - "I Love Stories" Worshop Event. Time to be announced. Join us for a workshop featuring Chara Watson and Kathryn Thurman designed for both beginner and intermediate story artisans.
- March 3, 7 p.m. "Global Stories".
- March 8 or 15, Sat., TENTATIVE event
- April 7, 7 p.m. "Children's Stories" and how to 'stretch a tale'
- May 5, 7 p.m. "Stars and Sky Stories"
- June - 2, 7 p.m. "Camping and Nature Stories"
- June, 13-14, the 2nd weekend will be the "Spirit of Oklahoma" Storytelling Festival in Bethany on the campus of Southern Nazarene University. We may want to have a table there to promote our group and gain new members of OKC Tellers! There may also be opps to share stories in special concerts and classes.
- July 7, 7 p.m. - "Americana"
- August 4, 7 p.m. - Storytelling Picnic
- September - 8th, 7 p.m. (Note date due to holiday), "School Dazed" and adding learning to stories.
- October 11, Sat. - Workshop and Mini Concert - Fall 4 Stories Event
- November 3, 7 p.m. "Story Feast"
- November 22, Sat. - Tellabrations around the state!!!
- December, 1, 7 p.m. - "Ho, Ho Stories!" - Funny tales.
- TBA. Link to keep up with news about the OKC Storytelling Festival, for 2014
Looking into 2014:
Lots of opportunities to volunteer, tell stories, and just have some fun!
- Choctaw Library will probably host another "Whopper's Contest" - more as details emerge.
- Later in the summer will be the OKC Storytelling Festival sponsored by the OKC Arts Council. National and international tellers are brought in for concerts and workshops.
- Need a T-shirt, golfshirt, to proclaim you are a member of the OKC Tellers? : http://www.cafepress.com/okcstorytellers
- You should also check out membership in the state organization at www.territorytellers.org
Explore Storytelling Online:Sean Bulava, a nationally known storyteller, has put together this video on "How To Tell a Story" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOA8mUflH-QThe End
See you next month and remember everyone has a story to tell!
Marilyn A. Hudson, MLIS (email@example.com/ 405-307-0962)
OKC Tellers Storytelling Group (weblink)